What is Blue Mind? Blue Mind is defined as “a mildly meditative state characterized by calm, peace, unity, and a sense of general happiness and satisfaction with life in the moment” (Wallace J. Nichols, 2015). At Bluemind Lifestyle, we asked the question: what would happen in our lives if we learned how to be in this state regularly, weekly, even daily? How might this transform our lives? Our world?
So, we have embarked on a mission to create opportunities for others to join the wave and create a life they don’t need a vacation from.
Our Core Values.
Love and Acceptance
- Everyone matters and has value.
- Embrace people of all races, ethnicities, gender orientation, sexual orientation, ages, and faiths.
- Ethical, honest, responsible, confidential, and fair.
- Look after our environment and show deep respect for our natural resources.
- Acknowledge that in this region we create our lives on lands that are, by law, the unceeded territories of the Wabanaki peoples—predominantly the lands of the Mi’kmaq, Maliseet, and Passamaquoddy. We live with respect on this land and live in peace and friendship with its People.
Bold and Conscientious Leadership
- Leadership comes in different forms. Leadership by example is most effective.
- Dynamic and creative, sensitive and aware, are intrinsic characteristics of great leaders.
Embrace and Drive Positive Change
- Change for the sake of change is futile and useless. Specific and strategic change creates synergy, excitement, and impact.
- Change works best when it is both bottom/up and top/down in approach.
- Consistently strive to enhance community wellness and connection.
- Give back: financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.